Hire a slow-moving houseboat from Mannum or Renmark. Or take in the sandstone cliffs, giant red gums and weeping willows on a luxury cruiser or historic paddlesteamer.
Explore Adelaide’s Southern Vales and beaches on this great day tour. Travel the picturesque Adelaide Hills and into the Fleurieu Peninsula, where the vines meet the sea. The Fleurieu Peninsula is South Australia’s premier holiday destination and recreational playground. The region is made up of rolling green hills, dairy pastures, orchards, farms and vineyards all bounded by picturesque beaches and rugged coastlines.
Pass through Goolwa, gateway to the internationally significant wetlands of the Coorong National Park and the end of the mighty Murray River’s long journey. Then visit Victor Harbor, one of South Australia’s most popular seaside towns, before returning to Adelaide via the popular wine region, McLaren Vale.
- Scenic Mt Lofty ranges
- Historic Strathalbyn on the Angas River
- Port of Goolwa where the Murray River meets the lakes and sea
- Port Elliot on stunning Horseshoe Bay
- Victor Harbor on Encounter Bay
- Ride a horse drawn tram to Granite Island (own expense).
- Dramatic views from The Bluff
- McLaren Vale wine region – vineyards, leafy olive and almond groves and old stone wineries
- Opportunity to sample produce at Medlows Confectionary and the Almond Train
- Optional three course carvery lunch on the shorefront at Victor Harbour (can be selected at time of booking – additional cost)