Surrounded by World Heritage-listed rainforest, the picturesque mountain retreat of Kuranda, 25 kilometres northwest of Cairns, is called the ‘Village in the Rainforest’. The Djabugay aboriginal people have lived in this region for more than 10,000 years and their culture continues to thrive today.
CAIRNS NIGHT ZOO is great Australian night out! When the Sun goes down it’s all happening at Cairns Night Zoo at Palm Cove. Your pickup from Cairns Hotels will be approx 6-6:10pm. The night commences at 7pm with a delicious BBQ dinner of steak, chicken, prawns, salads plus complimentary Beer, wine and soft drinks. After very tasty desserts join the intrepid guide to see what some Australian get up to after dark! We supply the torches and the amazing wildlife including our huge crocodiles! Join the resident swagman and our tame kangaroos for Billy Tea and Damper round the campfire. Star gazing on clear nights is very impressive too. Then, enjoy great Aussie live entertainment … and more refreshments… A fabulous fun night out and one you will long remember. The evening concludes at 10pm. Reservations are essential and numbers are limited.
- The award winning Cairns Tropical Zoo is part of the Wildlife Tropical North Queensland group.
- Cairns Tropical Zoo on the Captain Cook Highway at Palm Cove has broken the mould of traditional zoos by creating opportunities for its visitors to interact with the Australian Wildlife.
- There are numerous opportunities during the day to get close, touch, feel and make some new animals friends.
- Hand feed tame kangaroos, meet cassowaries, dingoes, alligators & so much more.
- You will also have plenty of opportunities to ‘meet the Koala’ and take close personal photos with them (small extra fee may apply).
- Enjoy some of the most entertaining wildlife presentations including Pelican Feeding, the fabulous Free Flight Bird Show, Giant Saltwater Crocodile Show,
- The Zoo also present one of Australia’s best reptile displays & a great Snake Show.
- Package includes a spectacular BBQ dinner and return transfers from Cairns.